Tips for the initial Video Chat with clients
This is the first time a client will meet you! It’s important to make the experience as smooth as possible.
- Ensure that you have strong Wifi and a backup (e.g. provide their phone number or Skype name) in case anything goes wrong.
- Professional appearance, in both clothes and person
- Call from a place that looks polished & professional, according to your coaching expertise and specialties.
Tips for Structuring the Video Chat
It’s up to you to decide how to structure the conversation in a way that feel authentic to you and your style, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Short introduction. You're going to be asking the client very personal questions, so make sure the client knows who you are.
- Start the conversation about the client. Most important question in the entire interview is “What are your goals?” It's been proven that people with a clear goals show higher engagement. *If goals are too far into the future, work with the client to establish short and medium term milestones towards that goal.
- Ask if the client has any injuries or limitations that you should be aware of.
- Ask if there are any schedule conflicts, classes, etc. that you need to incorporate into their schedule.
- Guage fitness & health level, and current exercise or eating routines
- Give an overview of the fitness or health plans you will send them so that the client knows what to expect.
- Ask if the client has any questions about using the Fitmo tools. Teach them the three most important things: 1) Tracking Progress Together 2) Reminder to Sync their Apps 3) How your training/coaching method works
- Remind them that you want lots of interaction & feedback in order to best support them!
FUN TIP: Send the client a personalized message in the message feed shortly after your video chat to keep the connection & conversation going!